After searching for blog networks to be apart of, I came across Influenster. A great way to network and get opportunities from brands, but also get access to coupons and other nice things. One awesome perk of being apart of Influenster is receiving the VoxBox as a free sample box. The VoxBox is a box full of goodness for you to review and gain higher rep in the Influenster world, and also gives you something to review which always drives traffic to blogs.
So this was my first VoxBox, I have ever received. I was pretty excited about what getting it. This Vox Box is called “Oasis” and pretty much comes with a wide range of things.
There was an information card that describes the products and their expected uses:
- Evolution Fresh Coupon
- Redeem your coupon for a FREE bottle of Evolution Fresh at a store near you. Evolution Fresh is passionate about inspiring people to thrive. We craft our premium cold-pressed juices using the most flavorful fruits and veggies to give our fans juice that’s both nutritious and satisfying. We simply take what nature gives us and press it deliciously, for you.
- Welch’s Fruit Rolls
- Snacking lovers everywhere can now Unroll the Fun with New Welch’s Fruit Rolls! Welch’s Fruit Rolls have fruit as the first ingredient and feature 100% of the daily recommended value of Vitamin C. Try all three mouth watering varieties: Berry, White Grape Strawberry, and Tropical Punch.
- Eva NYC Mane Magic 10-in-1 Primer
- With 10 ingredients in 1 miracle potion, this hair primer does it all: detangles nourishes, strengthens, softens, cuts drying time, adds shine, reduces frizz, and protects against damage. Argan oil feeds hair with vitamins and nutrients, while sunflower seed oil repairs, nourishes and protects *Available at Ulta and CVS
- CoverGirl Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation
- Covergirl Vitalist Healthy Foundation is full coverage that provides the ideal balance between a matte and radiant finish with healthy skin care built in. With an SPF of 20, the skin-loving formula is infused with a trio of vitamins that reduces stress micro texture via hydration, for a look that’s healthier than bare skin. CoverGirl Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation continues to hydrate the skin throughout the day by attracting and holding in moisture, as well as managing sebum to maintain a fresh, healthy look.
- Aloha Protein Bars (in Peanut Butter & Jelly)
- Aloha’s organic protein bars are full of 14 grams of plant-based protein and free of gluten, dairy, soy, and stevia – everything you need and nothing you don’t.
First Impressions Review
I totally forgot to add the CoverGirl Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation in with the full photo, so I added a photo with the complete line and how the bottle looks in case you are interested in trying it. The first thing I automatically notice is that it does NOT cater to my Black Queens. You telling me “Tawny 765” is the darkest you can make this foundation? Oh no. CoverGirl HAS to do better. They don’t seem to cater to us unless it’s in the Queen Collection, and they don’t even give that much attention to that line. Anyway, I got the color “Golden Tan 757” sent to me in this box. I remember when I was doing the survey for this box and trying my hardest to get a color close to my skin tone. I was stuck between Golden Tan 757 and Classic Tan 760. Golden Tan 757 was the PERFECT match for my skin. I was so happy I guessed right because I wanted to be able to review this foundation. The foundation claims to be full coverage, and I honestly don’t see FULL coverage. I had marks that it didn’t cover, but it can build up to be full coverage. The finish was more so velvet than matte, so it wasn’t too drying, hence it was supposed to be moisturizing. It also contacts SPF 20, which is always awesome to have in any skin care products. I could definitely see myself using this foundation on a daily basis. Besides the oiliness of my skin, it was a great foundation. It is hard to give an opinion about the wear because it isn’t a true matte foundation, so it isn’t meant to be drying on the skin. And after setting powders, it can work really well as a Summer foundation.
The Welch’s Fruit Rolls were really good. They were a lot thinner than your typical Fruit Roll Ups and not nearly as long. I actually can’t choose which flavor was my favorite, all three were really equally good. Supposedly these are better for you than Fruit Roll Ups, but who really knows, sugar is sugar. I actually was searching for these in Walmart, but I couldn’t find them yet. So, they may be still coming out in stores. I am not sure, but definitely a try if you come across them.
The Vera Wing Embrace perfumes were okay. I mean I’m not a big Vera Wing fan because I think it’s for older women. Some of their fragrances I like, Princess and Princess Revolution are more of my type of fragrances. Not really going to purchase these on my own.
The Aloha bar was TRASH. I mean, it had good ingredients and is probably very healthy for you, but it just is hard to eat. It had a very gritty texture and was drying on the mouth. One thing about peanut butter is that it makes a lot of things dry. So when it is already dry on top of being made out of peanut butter, it was just a no go for me when I took the first bite.
Evolution Fresh is actually not available near me. I have actually never seen it before. So, I’m unable to even do a review on this product. If I do come across the product, I will update this post.
Eva NYC is a new brand to me. I remember seeing their pretty products in Ulta and thought, “Wow, cute packing. I wonder how good their products are.” Of course, I never tried their products. I really wasn’t trying too many new products at the time, since my hair was going through its own thing. I was sticking to what products I knew worked. After receiving this, I really thought, “This really isn’t going to do much for my hair.” And I was right. The formula is VERY LIGHT; exactly like a spray oil. Definitely not useful for the things it claims to do. I think it’s not made to be used on hair textures like mine because there is no way this would detangle my hair. Detanglers have to be really thick and sometimes creamy to provide detangle. The only exception I have found thus far is the DevaCurl No-Comb Detangling Spray. It isn’t very light, but it’s a spray leave-in that just mists product. One of the only detangling sprays that detangle amazingly. Definitely, wouldn’t purchase because it doesn’t do what it claims for my hair or really purchase it at all.
Are you interested in Influenster? Click here.
Vox Box was shipped to me as a press sample, and I did not pay for this with my own money. I did give my honest review of each product.
Have you tried any of these products?
Have you heard of these brands?
Did you learn anything from this review?
If so, we would love to know in the comments below!
Don’t forget to pin this post on Pinterest, share on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook!
Thanks for reading Beauties!