Cetaphil Dermacontrol Moisturizer SPF 30
How it claims to work:
Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30 is clinically proven to manage oily and acne-prone skin. It soothes sensitivities like redness or dryness caused by using some acne treatments and controls shine while protecting and moisturizing skin.
• Specially formulated for oily and acne-prone skin to relieve dryness and soften skin
• May help soothe the drying effects of some prescription acne treatments
• 3-in-1 formula to help control oil and shine, hydrate and provide broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection
• Contains Oleosome technology™ which uses a lower concentration of sunscreen filters for less irritation and greater hydration
• Micropearl technology absorbs surface oil, helps reduce shine and gives skin a matte finish
• Lightweight, non-greasy, absorbs quickly
• Available size: 4oz
I was recommended this by a dermatologist to help with my acne and oily skin. The SPF is supposed to help prevent the further darkening of dark marks when exposed to sunlight. It is also supposed to help with preventing excess oil, which also increases breakouts. I tried this out on two different days. I wanted to try it on a stress-free day, where I was off work and just relaxed around the house. I also tried it at work, where tensions are higher. Both days were good tests of this product. I really wasn’t impressed with the product’s ability to control my oil. I was super oily while at work. I could feel the oil sitting on my face, which sometimes causes my skin to itch. I saw more oil while at work than off from work and that could mean a number of things. The environment is different, of course. I also expected it to be able to withstand any condition. Especially if I was outside or inside, I expect the same results. This product was very inconsistent, which makes it unreliable. I didn’t try this under makeup, but I didn’t need to because it didn’t perform well on fresh skin.
Ratings and Comments:
I was hoping that I would like it since it was an oil control moisturizer with SPF. I wasn’t impressed with this moisturizer. My skin still felt oily throughout my work day. There were no major changes to my skin.
I give this brush a 2 out of 5.
Did this review help?
If so, we would like to know below!
Don’t forget to pin this post on Pinterest, share on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook!
Thanks for reading Curls!